This post is for those who simply confused reading the last post regarding ECO manual update. I separated the installation process here.
Note: I never tested this method myself. I did not use the new installer.
- Download nginx (around 1.15MB).
- Extract the archive and run the nginx.exe. It will not show anything. Oh and if you run Skype (which may use port 80), close Skype first before running nginx. After you run it, try http://localhost. If it opens a nginx welcome page, you’re good to go. If it’s not (timeout or whatever), then nginx is not running yet.
- Open folder
htmlwithin that nginx folder. Create a new folder named “eco”.
- Now download this file http://patch.gungho.jp/eco/econew.ver and place it inside that eco folder.
- Create a folder named “fullpackage” inside the “eco” folder.
- Open the
fullpackagefolder you just created. This folder will contain all the update files. Of course, you have to download it manually. First, download this: http://patch.gungho.jp/eco/fullpackage/dl_list.txt.
- Open that dl_list.txt file. This file will show you what files to download for the update. The dl_list.txt should look like this:
- Those list are the filenames that you need to download. Just ignore the number behind comma, it’s just the file size. You have to download
http://patch.gungho.jp/eco/fullpackage/ + filename.
And so on, continue from 1 until 287 or until the end of dl_list.txt.
- Place all of the downloaded file requested by dl_list.txt in the same folder as dl_list.txt.
- Go into your eco client installation folder (where eco_launch.exe resides). Open the upsv.lst file using notepad. Change “patch.gungho.jp” into “localhost” or “127.0.0.1“. Don’t forget to save it.
- Run your client (eco_launch.exe) and run the patcher as usual. It should update very quickly now. However, at the end of patching, the patcher might not respond for a while. I don’t know how long, but this is normal, because it’s unpacking 2.7 GB of files in the process. Wait until it actually responds and the _temp folder disappears. Then you may continue.
- When you’re done with the patching (updating), remember to restore the upsv.lst file (step 10) contents into “patch.gungho.jp” back to re-enable the client to do auto-update from the gungho server.